The Three Energy Nutrients Copy
- Evaluate carbohydrate food choices to determine the best choice available.
- Understand the two rules of carbohydrate consumption.
Identify protein sources that provide the benefit that athletic competition demands.
- Analyze the relationship that amino acids and glycogen have in building lean muscle mass.
- Distinguish between u201cgoodu201d fat choices and u201cbadu201d fat choices.
- Discuss the specific role that carbohydrate, protein and fats serve the athlete in fueling performance.