The Non-Energy Nutrients Copy
- Identify the three essential (but non-energy producing) nutrients.
- Explain the function of vitamins and minerals in relation to health and performance.
- Demonstrate how variety in dietary selection exposes the athlete to an increase in vitamin and minerals needed for performance.
- Analyze the relationship between hydration and performance.
- Summarize how the elevation of body temperature reduces ability of muscular function.
- Justify why consumption of some sports drinks, energy drinks or soft drinks may hinder performance and cause health concerns.
- Describe the process of how water boosts energy and supports muscle.
- Describe the reasons to re-hydrate immediately following a performance event.